May 18, 2009

Supported by


Mud glorious Mud

What a week! Started off good with the previous weekend’s work having set us on a good path for the Bloom build deadline. Then disaster struck...having put up nearly a half of the wooden path lining I realised that my measurements were out and that we’d have to take it out and do it again..aghhhh!



Then the plants arrived and wouldn’t you know they’re too small & the supplier had failed to mention they’d be charging me €239 for “packaging”! Aghhhhhh again!




Then, to top it all off, it started to rain – a lot! And this started to happen, which quite frankly was disheartening.



But I'm no quitter so...we took down the path fencing and we started again.




And bit by bit it's getting back on track and starting to look like it's supposed to.

Thankfully we had another bunch of fabulous volunteers helping us over the weekend...Thank you to Anna & Javier, Chris & Sharon, Gerard and his magic spade. Especially for sticking around despite the mud!


So, what to do about the plants? I hadn't got the foggiest what I was going to do about the fact that the plants were A:too small and B:to few. I had visions of me running around every nursery in Ireland grabbing all the Stipa I could get my hands on. I even caught myself eyeing up a lushly planted roundabout near home wondering if the local council would miss a few plants for a week or two! (I wouln't do that of course!). Then, out of the blue Peter and Sara Donegan arrived on site to say hello. I tried to look optimistic whilst I filled them in about the path fencing setback but I don't think they bought it. In fact I know they didn't because Peter very kindly put up a post on his blog appealing for helpers on my behalf (Thank you Peter). It wasn't long before Pat Fitzgerald of My Plants got in touch and offered to supply Carex buchanii for the garden....FANTASTIC!

We're back on track. Tonight we're laying the turf on the path and I hope that rain stays away until after we're done! If you're reading this thinking 'poor thing, what has she got herself into' then feel free to pop down to Phoenix Park and lend a hand...and bring your wellies!





Myplant.ie
C/O FitzGerald Nurseries Ltd, Oldtown, , Kilkenny
info@myplant.ie

056 7728148






Peter Donegan Landscapes


info@doneganlandscaping.com
01 8078712







Whites Agri

Ballough, Lusk, Dublin, 01 8438521

info@whitesagri.com








No comments:

Post a Comment