May 2, 2009

supported by
Bloom...the count down begins

Working Bloom around the day job is tough and this week I'm fighting with a cold from hell too (no it's not swine flu!). I always say "I like a challenge" but this is madness!

I need to get the final timber measurements over to the lovely chaps in Whites Agri who are going to take what I need from their seconds pile. I need to call my plant supplier as he's a little slow on getting back to me and I'm starting to panic a bit.
Edited designs need to go back to the judges to show plans for wheelchair accessibility. Will send those next.

Heading over to Wales first thing tomorrow to pick up the 'natural sculpture' which my mum and stepdad have kindly been storing for me for the last 10 years! I'll tell you all about that another time; it's a great story. Hoping that I can borrow my mum's amazing stash of gardening tools for the Bloom build...don't tell her or she'll hide them all.

Next on the list is contact all the lovely volunteers and give them directions, check times and check if they have any mates that like to dig holes too. Then call all the 'slow to volunteer' volunteers and make them feel bad!
Then, when I finish work I'm going to call Mr Peter Donegan and pick his brains for tips for Bloom. Hope he doesn't mind.

Hmmm, pretty sure I've forgotten something?

No comments:

Post a Comment